We look for smart, motivated people who have a deep understanding of commercial real estate to join our team, add to our history and help us continue to grow into the future. If you're interested in talking to us about a career with Bulfinch, please send us your resume or contact us for more information.
Follow Bulfinch on Linkedin
Although Bulfinch does not have a formal internship program, we do hire full-time and part-time interns that focus on either general commercial real estate investing, accounting, and/or marketing at undergraduate and graduate levels during the academic year as well as the summer. If interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience with one of Greater Boston's largest and oldest entrepreneurial real estate organizations, please contact us for more information.
Bulfinch is seeking a Property Accountant to join the team and perform the accounting, financial analysis and reporting function for real estate partnerships and other related entities. This person will work directly with the SVP of Financial Reporting, on special projects and as part of a growing team championed with providing senior management, ownership and investors with financial information of the highest quality. This opportunity provides a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced and very entrepreneurial environment.
Responsabilities include but are not limited to:
- Review daily cash activity and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review tenant accounts to ensure they are billed for base rent and additional charges in accordance with their lease and investigate and resolve all discrepancies noted.
- Prepare annual reconciliations of tenant operating and real estate tax escalations for assigned properties.
- Research and assess vendor payments to ensure they are properly coded prior to payment.
- Assist in the preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for investors, lenders and internal users.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process, quarterly re-forecasting process and preparation of monthly reports for review by senior management.
- Prepare revenue and expense variance analysis on a quarterly basis and investigate and document any material fluctuations.
- Review and develop a comprehensive understanding of all mortgage documents and management, joint venture and operating agreements for assigned properties.
- Prepare depreciation and fixed asset schedules on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with the preparation and review of annual tax returns.
- Compile year end reporting packages and related schedules required for the annual audits.
- Work with Lease Administration, Tax, Finance and Legal Departments to obtain necessary information for the compilation of the annual financial statements.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
The Skill Set:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of accounting experience required. Previous accounting experience in a commercial real estate setting or related industry is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office suite and experience with real estate general ledger accounting systems (Yardi preferred).
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to interact in a team oriented environment and show a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- High degree of personal integrity and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Effective problem solving skills.
How To Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kim Nauen at email@example.com